Please fill in your details below, and attach all required documentation.
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
- STEP 3
- STEP 4
- STEP 5
Avalon Private School School Location
IF IMMIGRANT, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:
Date of arrival
Expiry date of study visa
Place of origin
A copy of the pupil’s most recent report
Max. size: 32.0 MB
A recent passport size photo, less than 6 months old
Max. size: 32.0 MB
A copy of the pupil’s Identity Document or Birth Certificate
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Transfer card from previous school attended
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Certified photocopies of Identification Documents of both parents / guardians
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Report of additional specialist intervention
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Letter from Bank confirming Account Details
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Application fee R500 proof of payment
Max. size: 32.0 MB
Select Payment Option
Date of Birth
Other Siblings Names and Grades
Emergency Contact Details
AVALON SJS ENROLMENT PROCESS
Step by Step instructions on how to enrol at Avalon Private Schools.
- Complete and sign the Enrolment Contract, Debit order and Credit Report Consent Form. Attach proof of payment due of R500 for the application process. Payment to be made to the bank account of the campus enrolled into. Please see Banking detail on last page.
- Please ensure that all the information provided is accurate and correct.
- The Applicants (parent/s) will be notified by the Registrar pending a successful application outcome, where upon a non- refundable registration fee is due to secure the Learner’s place.
- Any queries can be directed to the Registrar, Antoinette Nortje, email@example.com
- All information will be treated confidentially.
- Avalon SJS looks forward to receiving your application.
AVALON PRIVATE SCHOOLS
Pupil’s Full Name
hereby confirm the admission of the pupil named above to AVALON PRIVATE SCHOOLS. I / We hereby confirm that the information declared by us in this agreement is complete and accurate. I / We have read, understood and agree to all the rules and conditions as contained in this booklet including: Conditions of Admission, Code of Conduct of Avalon Private Schools, Medical Information and Consent Form and Indemnity Declaration and Appointment in loco parentis. This agreement shall take effect immediately upon signature hereof and shall continue for the duration of the enrolment of the pupil at Avalon Private Schools.
PARENT/S AND GUARDIAN/S DETAILS
Relationship to Pupil
Signed (Enter Name)
Relationship to Pupil
Signed (Enter Name)
Pupil lives with
Number of children in family
Position in family
Person liable for account
Send communication to
AVALON SJS PRIVATE SCHOOLS
(Hereafter referred to as AVALON or AVALON PRIVATE SCHOOLS)
This contract becomes valid with the signature thereof and stays valid for the duration of the pupil’s stay at Avalon Private Schools.
- In this tuition agreement, except in a context indicating that some other meaning is intended,
- “school year” means a period of 12 consecutive months, beginning in January and ending in December;
- words and phrases denoting natural persons refer also to juristic persons, and vice versa; and
- pronouns of any gender include the corresponding pronouns of the other gender.
- “Parent/s” include guardians and “Guardian/s” include parents, of the pupil.
- For the purpose of this agreement, children shall include adopted children, or any child under the care and control of the Parent(s) / Guardians(s).
- (hereinafter referred to as “the Pupil” or “the student” or “the child”).
- Consumer Protection Act means the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008.
- AVALON refers to Avalon Private Schools
2. DURATION OF AGREEMENT
- This Enrolment Agreement becomes valid on signature hereof and stays valid for the duration of the Pupil’s attendance of the school. The terms of this agreement shall not be affected by the parents prematurely removing the child from the school, and in this regard AVALON’s rights will be fully reserved.
3. CANCELLATION OF AGREEMENT
- Either party may give notice of cancellation of this agreement to the other party by means of 1 (one) full term’s written notice to the other party.
- In the event of notice being given in terms of clause 3.1, the Parent shall remove the pupil from the school on the last working day of the notice period and shall be liable for fees up to the end of the notice period.
4. OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARENT
- The Parent/s agree to accept with this document, the Enrolment Contract, the General School Information Form, the iPad Policies, Medical Information Form, Particulars of Pupil, Parents / Guardians Form, Indemnity Declaration and Appointment of ‘In loco parentis’ Form, Debit Order Instruction Form, Aftercare Enrolment Form, the Code of Conduct of the School, and the School Rules & Regulations, all of which are to be read as if specifically incorporated herein, and any amendment thereto from time to time.
- Parent/s agree to familiarise themselves with the Schools Policies, Procedures and rules and to agree to abide by those Policies, procedures and rules.
- AVALON Private Schools is partnered with an sCoolsuite Concepts BV who provides licensing to the School to use their educational systems, software and applications in the Schools educational programs and the parent/s understand that it is a admission requirement for all learners from Grade 1 to be equipped with a tablet or iPad at the Parents cost.
- The School will not be held liable for the loss or damage of the Child’s device and Parents need to discuss proper care and safety of the device with their children. Parent/s agree to insure their child/rens’ devices against any loss or damage.
- Parent/s agree to all the terms and conditions of Avalon Private School’s Ipad/Tablet policies and confirm that they have read and understood these policies.
- By enrolling their child/children at Avalon Private Schools, parent/s understand that they will be required to attend a parent/child/teacher meeting every 6 (six) to 8 (eight) weeks to discuss their child’s progress and to be involved in their child’s Personal Development Program.
- Should parents be unable to attend any of these meetings, the Core teacher will make decisions on their behalf, with the child in terms of the Personal Development Plan. The Core teacher will act ‘in loco parentis’ in such cases.
- The Parents/Guardians agree to notify the School of any absence of the Pupil from Avalon and to provide the reasons for such absence. A letter or doctor’ certificate can be requested by the School if deemed necessary.
- The Parents/Guardians agree to have the Pupil immunized against all normal infections and/or contagious diseases and to submit proof of such immunization.
- The Parents/Guardians are responsible for all the Pupil’s property and will mark his/her property.
- The parent/s will not allow the Pupil to bring any valuables or unacceptable, illegal, dangerous or inappropriate items to school.
- The Parents/Guardians agree to notify the School within 7 (seven) days of any changes in terms of addresses, contact details, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, marital status of parent(s) / guardian(s) and or any other information in regards to the pupil that the school should know of.
5. PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
- The School Fees applicable for each school year will be available from administration office.
- It is understood by the Parent/s that School Fees are subject to an annual increase.
- It is specifically agreed by the Parent/s that a non-refundable admission fee and the first month’s school fees are to be paid prior to the child being admitted to the school.
- Parents agree to pay a yearly development contribution that will be used towards the maintenance and development of the existing schools facilities. A 10% discount is applicable if the development levy is paid in advance.
- All School Fees shall be paid via debit order into Avalon Private Schools bank account, monthly in advance, and no later than the first of the month.
- It is agreed that the Applicant/s shall be liable to pay all additional fees including subscriptions, licensing fees, levies and development fees as applicable and shall be payable as and when charged upon presentation of the statement of the account.
- The parents/guardians give herewith permission to Avalon Private Schools to give his/her bank instruction to the payment of school fees via debit order, monthly in advance unless the Parent/s, Guardians selected the yearly or half yearly payment options. The parent/s or Guardian/s will supply their bank details on the ‘Debit Order Instruction Form’ which forms part of the Enrolment Contract
- The parents, guardian/s hereby agree to fully pay the fees by means of debit order commencing on the 1st January of the School Year, and thereafter on the 1st day of each succeeding months, unless they choose to pay the full yearly School Fees in advance or in two (2) half yearly payments, the first on or before the 1st of January of the School year and the second before or on the 1st of June of the school year.
- Parent/s agree that the School may deposit any fees paid in advance and hold it according to the Consumer Protection Act. The School will have the right to treat interest generated from the deposited fees as income for the School. This means that the School will not refund any interest generate on any monies paid in advance.
- Interest shall accrue on all fees and disbursement not paid (at a rate which shall not exceed the maximum rate prescribed by law). The said interest shall be calculated and compounded monthly in arrears from due date of payment, both days inclusive.
- The Applicant/s will be liable for Avalon’s customary charges and necessary disbursements incurred in the administration relating to the late or non-payment of the said fees and incidental expenses inclusive of, but not limited to the payment of bank charges arising from unpaid cheques or returned debit orders.
- The Parent/s accept that if any instalment of a fee is not paid on time, he/she/they are responsible to pay immediately the full amount of all fees owed to the School. If the Parent/s ask, the School may decide at its discretion to accept a late payment and allow for instalments. This decision is however, the Schools alone and it does not mean the School must or will allow it for other late payments. Once an arrangement is made, parents must strictly adhere to the payment dates agreed on, failing of which administration costs will come into effect.
- The Applicant/s consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in respect of any action to be instituted by AVALON Private Schools.
- In the event that AVALON is obliged to institute legal action for outstanding school fees and related expenses due by the Applicant/s then, and in that event, the Applicant/s shall be liable to AVALON Private Schools for all expenses incurred in collecting any amount owing by the Applicant/s, which expenses shall include all legal charges on the scale as between attorney-and-own-client, collection commission and tracing fees.
- Under the National Credit Act, we are entitled to recover: • Late payment administration costs – R 250.00 for late payment followed with a R 250.00 charge for each weekly reminder and follow-up. • Collection costs and • Legal costs of the attorney-and-own-client-scale.
- Without limiting or detracting from AVALONS’ rights to enforce payment of any and all monies due, AVALON may in its sole discretion: • Suspend the pupil from attending classes until such time as all fees and monies have been paid in full. • Withhold the release of report cards,results and transfer cards until such date as all fees and monies have been paid as full.
- All clauses under (5) Payment of School Fees has been specifically drawn to my attention and I confirm that I understand and I/We accept the legal consequences of it according to this contract.
- Parent/s and Guardian/s confirm herewith that they understand the payment terms and that they are able to pay the monthly school fees.
Signed by Parent/Guardian (Enter Name)
- Should the Parent commit a breach of any provisions of this agreement and fail to remedy such breach within 7 (seven) days of receiving written notice from Avalon Private Schools requiring the Parent to do so, then Avalon Private Schools shall be entitled, without prejudice to its other rights in law, to cancel this agreement or to claim immediate specific performance of all the Parent’s obligations whether or not due for performance at that time, without prejudice to Avalon Private School’s right to claim any damages suffered by it as a result of any breach.
7. DISCIPLINARY MATTERS
- AVALON Private Schools have a Code of Conduct and School Rules & Regulations pertaining to discipline and general behaviour of its pupils. The Pupil and Parent agrees to the above-mentioned Code and Rules & Regulations. The School is concerned for the safety and well-being of all its students and therefore regards acceptance thereof by all its Pupils as very important.
- Avalon Private Schools does not allow bullying of any kind and strive to create a happy environment for all its students.
- All disciplinary matters pertaining to the education and training of the Pupil in all its facets shall vest in the Principal of AVALON Private Schools or in a person authorize thereto in writing by the Principal.
8. SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Parent/s/Guardian/s agree that they, and their children enter the School’s Premises at their own risk and that the School will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused in any way whatsoever, to their or their child’s person or property.
- Parent/s/Guardians agree that they are part of the School Community and will do everything in their power to help safeguard or protect the School and the School Community against any harm. Parent/s/Guardians will notify the School Office immediately if they become aware of any threat whatsoever in and around the School Premises and help and protect any other member of the School community from harm and injury.
- Parent/s/Guardian/s and children are responsible for their property brought on to the premises including cellphones, tablets iPads, or any other property Pupil/Parent/Guardian understand that they should not bring any harmful substances, weapons or any items that can cause injury in any way, will be brought on to the School’s Premises.
- Parent/s/Guardians give their express permission that their child can take part in all school activities during the school day and make use of the School’s equipment, do sport, play with other children at their own risk.
- While on the School’s Premises, Children are responsible for the care of their own iPads. Under no circumstances should iPads be left unsupervised. Any iPad left unattended is in danger of being stolen. Classes are equipped with lockers and children must ensure their devices are locked during breaks, sport and other activities.
- It is the Parent’s responsibility to ensure that each device has its ‘find-my-iPad’ or similar tracking system switched ‘ON’.
- The School accepts no responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of iPad/s or any other devices or personal property caused in any way or form.
- The School and the Schools’ Security team reserves the right to search the bags, vehicles and/or property of any persons on the premises, entering the premises or leaving the School’s Premises at any time for security purposes.
- If an iPad is lost, the Schools’ Office and Security must be notified immediately and reserves the right to call a ‘Security Alert Period’ which will effect security measures and searches to be put in place including locking the School gates during the Period.
- Parent/s and Guardian/s agree that in a Security Alert period the School gates may be locked and persons will be prevented to leave the premises during such a period. Parent/s/Guardians understands that these measures are put in place for the protection of the School Community and their property and will not interfere, stop or challenge the School, staff or Security in any way during such a period.
- The Parent/s/Guardians specifically agree that no action whatsoever will be taken against the School, the Schools Directors, Partners, or the staff of the School for any loss or damage or injury caused by forced entry into the School’s premises by other parties, or by the negligence of the School’s Security, Security Agents or Staff Members or caused by a breakdown of any of the School’s systems, equipment, or power failures, or for any other reason.
- Parent/s/Guardians further agree to allow the School’s Security to search bags, vehicles and other property at any time for security reasons.
- In a Security Alert Period Parent/s/Guardians agree to support the actions, decided on by the School’s Office, which may include preventing persons from leaving unless they and/or their vehicle and/or bags and/or persons have been check and cleared.
- In the case of Security checks of the person of a female the School will arrange for the checks to be done by another female.
- Parent/s /Guardian/s will notify the School if persons other than themselves, or their registered transport persons, will collect their child. No unknown persons will be allowed on the School’s Premises during School times.
9. CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
- The Pupil, and his/her Parent/s or Guardian/s accepts herewith the Rules & Regulations and Code of Conduct of Avalon Private Schools.
- The parent/s guardian/s hereby acknowledge and confirm that they are personally liable for all terms and conditions herein and to be effected in terms hereof, including other documents that forms part of this agreement.
- The Parents/Guardians and pupils undertake to uphold the School’s good name and reputation at all times.
- The parent/s guardian/s accept that personal possessions of the pupil, including iPads, tablets or other devices are and that the parent/s guardian/s are responsible for supplying adequate cover for the pupil’s possessions.
- The parent/s guardian/s hereby indemnify and hold blameless Avalon Private Schools, its shareholders, directors, employees and agents against any loss, damage or injury which may arise from whatever cause, whether on Avalon’s property or enroute thereto or there from, or in the course of any extramural activity or organised outing, in which the pupil or his/her parent/s guardian/s or any other parties may participate.
- The parent/s guardian/s confirm that all information provided by them is accurate and complete. They further confirm that they understand that this information is a material representation of themselves and is relevant to the acceptance of the pupil to the School.
- The parent/s guardian/s confirm that any change in information supplied in this agreement, including but not limited to the parent/s guardian/s marital status, residential status or employment status does not alleviate the agreement made herein, and any such change will be reported, immediately, in writing to AVALON Private Schools.
- The parent/s guardian/s are responsible for the behaviour of the child and accepts liability for any loss or damage that may be suffered by Avalon Private Schools arising from any misconduct of their child, however caused.
- This Enrolment Contract constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and no amendment, alteration, addition, variation, representation or warranties, whether expressed or implied, will be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties.
- All legal correspondence between the parent/s guardian/s sent by AVALON Private Schools shall be delivered by hand, either directly to the parent/s guardian/s or by pre-paid registered post. The correspondence shall be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery or on the 5th business day after posting. In regard to all correspondence by the parent/s guardian/s to AVALON, the onus of proof of delivery shall rest on the parent/s guardian/s.
- The parent/s guardian/s acknowledge that AVALON shall be entitled to recover all legal costs incurred by it, in order to enforce its rights under this agreement, including but not limited to attorney and own client fees and collection and tracing fees.
- The parent/s guardian/s understand that by signing this form he/she/they consent to AVALON conducting whatever enquiries may be considered necessary to verify any information given in this application, including confirming his/her credit rating with a national credit bureau and contact with previous schools of the pupil.
- Avalon Private Schools shall be entitled to cancel this agreement by giving the applicant 3 (three) months’ notice to this effect.
- The parent/s guardian/s acknowledge that the inability of the pupil to attend school or the absence of the pupil from the school does not relieve the obligation to pay school fees.
- A paid three (3) calendar months’ notice must be given in writing of a pupil’s intention to leave AVALON or three (3) months’ notice will be billed and payable in lieu of notice.
- The parent/s guardian/s accept joint and several liability for the due and punctual payment of school fees, subscriptions, levies or other amounts which may become due and payable to AVALON Private Schools or in respect of attendance or participation by the pupil in any extra murals or school related activities.
- NO indulgence, leniency or extension of time which either party may grant to the other, shall in any way prejudice the Grantor or preclude the Grantor from exercising any of their rights in the future.
- Neither party may cede or assign their rights or delegate their obligations in terms of this agreement without the prior written approval of the other which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- The parties hereby choose domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement at the address as set forth on the face of this agreement or at whichever other in writing.
- It is specifically recorded that Avalon Private Schools is not party to any agreements entered into between the Pupils parents or guardians, in terms of liability for any fees due to Avalon in respect of the Pupils tuition (e.g. divorce agreements). In this regard it is specifically recorded that the signatories hereunder warrant that they are responsible for the payment of any fees due to Avalon School.
- A certificate signed by an authorized official of Avalon Private Schools as to any amount owed by the Parent to Avalon Private Schools in terms of this agreement shall be prima facie proof of all the facts stated in the certificate and it will not be necessary to prove the appointment or authority of the official who signs the certificate. Such certificate shall be binding on the parties to this agreement and shall be a liquid document for the purpose of provisional sentence or summary judgment proceedings against the Parent.
11. PARENT(S) / GUARDIAN(S) STATEMENT
- I/We have read, understood and agree to all the rules and conditions contained within this contract including ‘Conditions of Admission, Code of Conduct of Avalon Schools, Medical Information, Consent Forms, Indemnity Declaration and Appointment of Avalon Schools in ‘loco parentis’. I have read and understand the policies of the School. I accept the terms and conditions of this contract.
- I/We accept that I am personally responsible to pay school fees on demand from the School. In understand that the School may demand payment of fees from me jointly with any other parent, legal guardian of the child, payer, or separately from me alone. This obligation exists throughout the duration of the contract, even if I am not the stated payer.
- And I / We hereby confirm that the information supplied by us –in this Agreement is complete and accurate.
Signed by Parent/Guardian (Enter Name)
Medical Information and Consent Form
Pupil name and surname
Pupil Blood Type
Medical Aid Scheme
Doctor's Telephone Number
Tetanus Injection Date
Please State Medication
Is Your Child Suffering From Other Illnesses
If Yes, please state illness including physical and/or psychological limitations
Any other relevant medical information
The Parent/s and Guardian/s of the pupil give herewith permission to AVALON Private Schools, its Head and his/her representatives to exercise the necessary parental powers, over my child during any school activity, on the school grounds, sport fields or any other school activities undertaken and during transport to and from these activities. I/we further confirm the Head of the school or his/her representative/s appointment in loco parentis, having all necessary authority and without limiting the generality in case of an emergency, regarding any medical treatment, operation, or blood transfusions. The Parent/s/Guardian/s of the pupil accept/s responsibility for payment of all medical and related costs, and undertake/s to refund AVALON PRIVATE SCHOOLS immediately on demand, such funds dispersed by AVALON. The Parent/s/Guardian/s must give written permission and directions for the administration of any medication taken during school hours or after school activities.